Thursday, March 27, 2008

While taking the long way to school this morning I hear Miles say: "Me found school bus store."

I look around but see only medical buildings.

He says it again, and points left. "Two bus store" is what I hear this time.

I mull it over. "Yeah?" I say, eager to acknowledge his eagle eye vision, but I am struggling to make sense of what a bus store is. Pizza Store is the pizzeria; Tractor Store is either Home Depot, Lowe's or Tractor Supply Company. I am befuddled by Bus Store.

This time, with more gusto, he says, "Brush Your Teeth Store, Momma, me found it. Back dare."

And then I realized we had just passed my dentist's office. Toothbrush store, that's what he was trying to tell me. I'd taken him with me last month for my check-up, my first in almost a year, and we walked out with two new toothbrushes in hand. We hadn't passed this way in some time.

Eagle eyes.

1 comment:

JimboHellgate said...

Hmm. I wonder how many bus rides it takes to get to the dentist's office... just sayin, is all!