Thursday, April 16, 2009

"Ma you want waffle tween?"

I was at the computer, Googling directions.

Waffle Tween. This could translate to.... waffle queen?

"Miles," I said without turning my head from the computer, "what do you need?"

"Waffa tween. You know, for you twooes."

Waffle Queen for my Clothes.

No matter how I massaged the words from MilesSpeak to English, nothing sounded familiar.

I pushed away from the pc and squatted in front of the couch, in between Miles's face and some show on Sprout, a children's television network.

Tell me once more, I requested.

"Waffa Tween, for stains on twooes." He was pantomiming squirting something into his palm and then rubbing it briskly.

Then I remembered the most recent commercial. OxiClean.

My first thought was, wow, the advertising department at Sprout would be so psyched to read this post.

I suggested we flip back to the public television channel.

No comments: