Saturday, February 19, 2011


We had been enjoying most of Dirty Dancing, when the big, Baby-Loves-Johnny-in-his-bedroom scene approached.
"I'm scared!" Miles said more than once.
"Why? Because Johnny isn't kissing Baby back?" I hadn't noticed before, but Patrick Swayze averts his eyes and keeps his hands in his pockets when Jennifer Grey starts making her move.
"No," Miles whispered, "My penis is going up."
"Really?" I asked, trying to keep my voice quiet. "That's interesting."
A few seconds later Miles started to chant quietly, "Weewax your body, it will all be OK."
The next day, in the car on the way to a sleigh ride event, I got lost and turned around in a stranger's driveway.
"I'm scared!" Miles said.
"Scared because we don't know this house, or scared like your penis is going up?"
"Oh ma!" Miles said, slapping his knee, "My penis goes up only when I see people with no clothes on or kissing!"
5 years, ten months.

No comments: